ONE SOLUTION FOR PURCHASING
Purchasing is an important component of any construction management software system. AccuBuild’s Orders module manages the entire purchasing process, following the normal flow of construction activity. Creating new orders, recording the receipt of materials, entering the invoices for each order and transferring inventory items to jobs are all easily handled with AccuBuild.
The Orders system tracks the quantities and unit prices of materials and services purchased for either inventory or jobs. Purchase Orders and Subcontract Orders are created to record direct job purchases, while Stock Orders are used to record inventory purchases. Stock Requests transfer stock from inventory to a job or an expense account.
AccuBuild’s Orders module provides checks and balances to ensure accuracy. For example, vendor shipments and billings are posted against each order to validate the quantities and pricing invoiced. This is also instrumental in preventing over payment on goods purchased.
Integrated Construction Management Software
AccuBuild’s Orders module is fully integrated with Inventory, Accounts Payable, Job Cost and the General Ledger, providing a seamless toolset for controlling the purchase of services and material. Invoices processed through Orders automatically post throughout the system. And when line items from a single Purchase Order are coded to multiple jobs and phases, AccuBuild distributes the shipping expenses and sales tax accordingly.
Committed Cost Reporting
AccuBuild’s Orders and Job Cost modules are designed to work together to update a job’s committed costs in real-time. Committed Cost reports from the Job Cost module include all job-related Orders as committed costs against each estimated cost line item. This gives the Project Manager instant access to estimated and actual cost variances in a timely manner – long before the vendor invoices are entered into the system.
AccuBuild Construction Software
Orders Module Features
- Manages the entire purchasing process, from creating orders and recording the receipt of materials, to entering the invoices for each order and transferring inventory to jobs
- Designed to work with the Job Cost module to update a job’s committed costs in real-time
- Create Purchase Orders, Stock Orders, Stock Requests and Subcontract Orders
- Orders contain all coding information for jobs, phases and expense accounts
- The Receivers option allows posting of received goods and will update the Inventory master with the quantity on hand for stock orders
- Charge Accounts Payable invoices against Orders
- Track quantity and price billed against ordered amounts to validate purchase price
- Automatically prorates shipping and sales tax amounts to each item on the Order for equal cost distribution through Job Cost and the General Ledger
- Options for accruing sales tax when items are purchased for resale are available
- Used in conjunction with the Inventory module
Featured AccuBuild Construction Software Orders Reports
Open Order Detail Report
The Open Order Detail Report prints a list of all orders in the system including purchase orders, stock orders and subcontracts. Each detail line item includes the item number and description; the job, phase and General Ledger accounting codes; the quantity ordered; the unit price; the quantity received to date; the balance due and the inventory part number when applicable.
Order Receiver Report
The Order Receiver Report details the receivers that have been entered against any line items on an existing order in the system. Each order is printed with the order information and the detail line items. Each detail line item will include the item number and description; the job, phase and General Ledger accounting codes; the quantity ordered; the unit price; the quantity received to date; the balance due; and the inventory part number when applicable.